Our boots are already treated with Scotch-guard™ water and rain repellent which will last for the first season. To touch up our boots or for any other boots that dont come with this feature, its always best to treat sheepskin footwear with a good Rain and Stain Repellent, prior to wearing to avoid any initial staining. Please strictly follow the below instructions to avoid any damage during the water and stain repellent process.
Sheepskin "Rain and Stain" Repellents are safe for sheepskin when used as directed.
1. Sheepskin should be dry and clean.
2. Apply outdoors or in a well ventilated area. Hold container 6 inches from sheepskin boot and spray in a back-and-forth motion thoroughly and evenly, including all seams. Do NOT saturate.3. For best results, let dry 24 hours before wearing. During wet weather, use more frequently.
Please note that when properly used, a good Rain & Stain Repellent will help to prevent, remove, and reduce stains. Application is as described "a repellent" and will allow a little water to run off without soaking your feet and ruining your boots. It is not a waterproof system as classic style sheepskin boots can never be waterproof and are not recommended for submerging in any wet weather as they will eventually leak.
Like any fine suede garment, sheepskin is delicate and not all stains can be prevented or removed. With proper care and cleaning, you can expect your footwear to last longer, but we in no way guarantee that it will remove all stains nor prevent stains from occurring.
How to use Sheepskin Cleaner and Conditioner (Sheepskin Shampoo)
1. Mix one capful of Sheepskin Shampoo per one gallon of warm water.
2. Immerse the boots completely in the water, and soak for 2-3 minutes to clean the inside and outside of the boot. Important: Hand-wash only. NEVER machine wash sheepskin footwear.
3. Gently squeeze the entire boot to thoroughly distribute the shampoo throughout the material.
4. Thoroughly rinse in warm water.
5. Pat dry with a towel to remove excess water, and allow to dry naturally away from heat and direct sunlight. When dry, brush the surface of the boot with a soft brush.
For best results, use a sheepskin Rain & Stain Repellent after each cleaning to prolong the life of your sheepskin boots.
If you have any questions on how to care for your luxury, sheepskin footwear, please contact us